|Home||» Products||» Melting Point Apparatus||» MELTING POINT APPARATUS (BASIC NON-DIGITAL)|
When an organic solid is heated, the heat energy that’s added to the substance is translated into kinetic energy – the movement of the molecules. The more mobile molecules are able to partially overcome the intermolecular attractive forces which keep them adhered rigidly in place in the highly-ordered structure of the crystalline “lattice.” The individual molecules can move more freely in the liquid state, and the interactions between them are transient in nature.
The melting point of a substance is the temperature range over which the first crystal of a solid just starts to melt and the last crystal completes its melting.
A melting point range is very narrow for pure solids (usually just 1 – 2°C), and it is an intensive physical property – characteristic of the particular compound. Thus a melting point can be used to tentatively identify pure compounds in their solid state.
- Determination of Melting Point up to 350°C.
- The mounted block is illuminated below by a lamp fixed in its housing.
- The alluminium block accepts three capillary tubes and mercury thermometer.
- The temperature is regulated by energy regulator fitted with the unit.
- The lamp provides uniform and shadow-less light.
LABARD INSTRUCHEM PRIVATE LIMITED All Rights Reserved.